Code of Conduct for Future Earth Open Network
The Future Earth Community:
- shares a vision of future where human and non-human life can flourish on Earth
- understands that anthropogenic global environmental change is real and scientifically proven
- engages respectfully with others that have different backgrounds and cultures
- promotes a productive dialogue across constituencies about sustainability initiatives
Rules of Behavior
As a member of the Future Earth Community,
- I will be respectful of others within the community, and will consider carefully how I interact.
- I stand by the opinions I express in posts and will not send posts that provoke conflict (trolling) or cyber-bully other participants.
- I will do my utmost to make sure that information I share is factually correct or well represents the most scientifically supported knowledge or practice.
- I will do my due diligence to check the validity of my sources before I refer or link to them.
- I will protect my community login information and will not share it with other parties.
- I will not upload content if I don’t own, have permission to use or that is open access/creative commons.
- I will not post people’s private, personal information.
- I will not post pornographic, offensive, or obscene material.
- I will not bring an angry or antagonistic demeanor to my interactions on the site.
- I will not use this site to sell products or services, and will not engage in spamming.
Terms and Conditions of Use
This Open Network is made available by Higher Logic (“Community Operator”) Future Earth Open Network members and the public to share information including sustainability research, Future Earth activities, research results, innovations, events, conferences, vacancies, funding opportunities. By contributing to this community (via accessing, posting, participating or leading activities), and in consideration of the use of the community, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Community Operator disclaims responsibility for unlawful content published on this site by any users.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Community Operator against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you post.
- The Community Operator does not expressly or implicitly endorse, approve or certify the accuracy, currency or reliability of any content presented in this community.
- Any opinions expressed in this community should not be construed as reflecting the opinions of the Community Operator.
- Reference to any product, process or service does not constitute or imply endorsement or recommendation by the community operator. Likewise, you may not use the community name to promote any product, opinion, cause or political candidate. This community may not be used to solicit political contributions.
- The Community Operator assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from use of information contained in this community, and expressly disclaims all liability for damages arising out of use, reference to, reliance on, or performance of such information.
- The Community Operator hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. You agree to use this community at your own and sole risk.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
- Our Service Providers: We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
- Government and Legal Disclosures: We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.