The symposium will address the impact of changes in productivity, biodiversity, and biogeochemical cycles with declining oxygen in the global ocean and coastal waters.
• Denise Breitburg, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, USA
• Jacob Carstensen, Aarhus University, Denmark
• Christoph Humborg, Stockholm University, Sweden
• Alf Norkko, University of Helsinki, Finland
• Andreas Oschlies, GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel, Germany
• Caroline Slomp, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
• Bess Ward, Princeton University, USA
The symposium is free of charge and open to the public but registration is required for all participants. Limited number of seats. For more information and registration please visit www.kva.se/lowoxygenzones. A complete programme will be available in December 2018.
This symposium is funded by Baltic Sea Centre at Stockholm University, BalticSea2020, the Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management and the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.